The 2020 City Wide Food Drive is scheduled for September 19. At this time the Calgary Food Bank feels confident they will be able to proceed with the event as scheduled and are working closely with Alberta Health Services (AHS) for guidance to ensure the health and safety of the volunteers and the community for the food drive.
The Fall can be a stressful time of year for many and this year is no exception. We know Calgarians, who were already struggling through tough economic times, will need increased food support as they maneuver through job losses and increased expenses as we continue to work our way through the COVID-19 crisis and different programs in place to offer financial support come to an end.
We are truly community owned and community supported. We know that Calgarians are struggling in light of the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic and thanks to you, we will continue to ensure that no one goes hungry.
Thank you for choosing to make a difference in the lives of many.
Food Drive Details:
- Volunteers will deliver food drive bags to neighbourhoods across Calgary the week of September 14.
- If you choose to participate, please fill the bag with non-perishable food items.
- Place your donation bag on your doorstep, or in a visible place from the street on Saturday, September 19 by 10 am.
- Volunteers will pick-up your bag between 11 am and 1 pm.
- If your bag is missed, please call 587-316-1623 between 1:30 and 4 pm on September 19, 2020. Leave your bag out, and a volunteer will pick your bag up in the evening.
The Calgary Food Bank has been working closely with AHS to develop safety protocols and following all recommendations to ensure the health and safety of the community.
- Volunteers will have access to masks, gloves and hand sanitizer while they are delivering and picking up the food drive bags.
- Volunteers have been instructed to maintain the recommended 2 meter social distancing rule while volunteering.
- Volunteers delivering and picking up the bags will be part of the same family/cohort pod.
- Volunteers are recommended to take the AHS Self Assessment prior to volunteering.
- The Calgary Food Bank will continue to follow safety protocols with collected food, having it isolated for a minimum of 48 hours.