Jimmie Allen is currently enjoying a second week at #1 on the Country Airplay chart with Best Shot, the lead single from his debut album Mercury Lane.
Best Shot was written by Jimmie Allen with Josh London and JP Williams.
“I really just wanted to write a song about taking another day to be better for whoever you have in your life. So for me it’s taking a day to learn how to be a better father, a better friend. The song is really just a you know it’s sculpted in kind of shell that’s a relationship song but it’s really a self evaluation song. You just find a way to better person.”
The songs on the LP serve as a letter to Jimmie’s 4-year-old son Aiden to help guide him through life.
“When making this record, I wasn’t thinking about creating songs that I feel like other songwriters or artists or producers will approve of, because that’s not who we’re trying to market these songs to. We’re marketing these songs to music fans and music lovers.”
Mercury Lane Track List:
- “American Heartbreaker” — (Jimmie Allen, Lance Miller, Chris Stevens, Ash Bowers)
- “Make Me Want To” — (Jimmie Allen, Paul Sikes, Jennifer Denmark)
- “Deserve to Be” — (Jimmie Allen, Danielle Blakey, Tripp Howell)
- “How to Be Single” — (Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally, Jimmy Robbins)
- “Wait for It” — (Ash Bowers, Thom McHugh, Steve Williams)
- “High Life” — (Lance Miller, Brett Warren, Brad Warren, Chris Stevens)
- “21” — (Brandon Hood, Josh Jenkins, Ash Bowers)
- “Underdogs” — (Ash Bowers, Brandon Lay, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Like You Do” — (Jimmie Allen, JP Williams, Josh London, Jason Mizell)
- “Back of Your Mind” — (Jimmie Allen, Matthew McVaney, Devin Tolentino)
- “Boy Gets a Truck” — (Ash Bowers, Aaron Scherz)
- “County Lines” — (Brett Tyler, Ben Burgess, Matt Dragstrem)
- “Best Shot” — (Jimmie Allen, Josh London, JP Williams)
- “Warrior” — (Jimmie Allen, Casey Beathard, Ash Bowers)
- “All Tractors Ain’t Green” — (Jimmie Allen, Brandon Hood, Tim Nichols)
“Where I’m from, people are like, ‘Is there really country in Delaware?’ I’m like, ‘Have you been to Delaware?'” Jimmie says, laughing. “I say, ‘Y’all write songs here for people from where I grew up. Y’all need to go.'”
Dan + Shay, the duo of Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney, achieve their first #1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart with Speechless. “We wrote this song about our wives, and to see the fans react to something so personal means the world.” “We’re in great company on the Hot Country Songs chart, and it’s an honor to be sitting at the top for the first time in our career.”
“The Scotty McCreery tour started November 29th and then after that we have the Kane Brown tour in January. It’s been pretty exciting to go from the Chase Rice tour to the Scotty McCreery Tour. In between that tour is Christmas break and we’re going to Disney World, which is a priority. You gotta have your priorities. Then we come back to finish the Scotty McCreery tour and then we have the Kane Brown tour after that. So it’s gonna be good times.”
In 2019 we got bunch of festivals lined up. I’ve got a few more tours in the works. I kind of want to spend the spring and summer doing festivals. Then looking at touring in the spring and the fall. I’m not quite sure who I’m going to go out with. But I hoping somebody sees something cool and feels like I can bring something different to their show and invites me out. If not, I’ll show up in somebody’s tour with my band and we’re going to invite ourselves on stage. We’ll definitely have a new single out by then.”
© 2018 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.